The Development Coordinator reports to the CEO and COO and performs administrative duties related to fundraising, marketing and public relations. Additionally, the Development Coordinator will be involved with stewardship activities related to non-profit
fundraising and relationship management, including working with a team to create and implement the fundraising,
development and communications strategies as well as donor and grant research and tracking. The Coordinator will gain firsthand experience in strategic planning to increase the capacity of a growing non-profit organization.
This role is entry level and will serve as the catalyst for a successful career in non-profit fundraising and relationship
management for the right candidate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with the creation and implementation of the Development Plan that incorporates a range of strategies
including annual appeals, major donors, grants, corporate and individual appeals, social media and special
- Support event and other committees, including taking meeting minutes and sending them to committee
members in a timely fashion. Work with committees and the CEO in establishing and adhering to event budget, assist with event preparation, and attend events to assist in set up, implementation, and clean up.
- Assist with the production and implementation of appeal campaigns and other fundraising communications
- Coordinate affiliate social media outputs including event outreach and visibility strategy. Assist in managing website.
- Assist in grant research and tracking.
- Perform administrative duties as needed including filing, copying, sorting, mailing, etc.
- Record donations on an ongoing basis in the donor database, and generate acknowledgments and thank you
- Establish a monthly giving and/or society giving program.
- Design and run reports and assist with database maintenance.
- Attend networking events to increase professional network, refine relationship management skills, and enhance the organization’s outreach and capacity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and knowledge of communication principles and practices.
- Demonstrated effectiveness and skill set in event planning and management.
- Knowledge and experience with data entry systems and reporting.
- Knowledge of social media tools including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and others.
- Knowledge of website management.
- Interest and desire to learn how to become an impactful development professional
- Competency and affinity for use of Google Workspace.
- Ability to use financial and relationship management databases.
- Knowledge of Constant Contact or similar email marketing platforms.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and follow through with minimal direction.
- Attention to detail, project management skills, and being highly organized a must.
- Flexibility in varied job assignments.
- Upbeat, positive attitude and good sense of humor a plus.
- An understanding of and belief in, the mission of the Literacy Alliance.
- Ability to work with compassion and patience in an environment supporting adult learners.
Compensation and Benefits
- Starting pay of $42,000 per year with opportunity for advancement based on performance.
- Equivalent of 2% of pay placed in retirement account by the Literacy Alliance.
- Health benefits.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Free parking.