Reading for fun improves your skills and your confidence!
Join us every week for online Book Club.
How it Works
The Book Club will meet online on Friday from 2:00-3:30
We will read one short story each week. This week’s story is below.
The week before the class, students will receive a copy of the short story and will have the week to read it.
During class, if time permits, we will read the story again,
Benefits of Book Club
- Improve your reading comprehension skills.
- Improve your ability to focus on longer pieces of writing.
- Learn to enjoy reading good fiction.
- Learn to examine a story and talk about its elements and how they fit together to make the story come alive.
- Learn about what makes a story a good read.
- Participate in discussions with other students.
- Have fun!