We’re so excited you’ve joined us as a Volunteer Tutor!
While you’re waiting for your match…
- View/Download the Tutor Training PowerPoint presentation we went over with you in person.
- Watch the How to Have Boundaries in Adult Education video.
- Watch the Self-Care Tips for Tutors video.
- Watch the video tutorial on the Language Experience Approach.
- Watch the PPP Instructional Videos – I Do, We Do, You Do
- Review the Tutor Handbook that we went over and you signed in person.
- Review our Volunteer FAQ.
- Review our Volunteer Resource page.
Once you’ve been matched…
- View/Download our Introduction to Basic Reading, Intermediate Reading, or Basic Math.
- Check Out Volunteer Resources from other organizations.
For Your First Meeting
- Use the Learning Style Inventory to find out how your student learns best.
- Use the Student and Tutor Agreement as an optional way to set expectations during your first meeting.
- Use the Lesson Plan Template for your weekly tutoring sessions.
- Fill Out the Monthly Report to let us know how things are going.
- We use this information to report back to our grant funders!
- Students can use hours with their tutor toward “Instructional Hours” that they may need to advance their learning and re-test their skill level.
- If you complete any additional training (such as additional ProLiteracy courses), include them on your Monthly Report so we can track your volunteer hours.
- Please complete by the third of every month.
Join Us – links will be added as events are scheduled
- Join Us for our next Quarterly Tutor Gathering! Learn more about the next event and sign up to attend here.
- Join Us for our next Celebration of Success Event! Learn more about the annual gathering and RSVP here.